Ir al contenido principal

UNIT 2 CAUGHT IN THE RUSH (TRANSPORTATION; TRANSPORTATION PROBLEMS AND CITY SERVICES


WORD POWER (Compound nouns)

A. Match the words in columns A and B to make compound nouns.














PERSPECTIVES (Transportation services)

I think there are too many cars on the road. All the cars, taxis, and buses make it really dangerous for bicycles. There is too much traffic!

What about the buses? They are old, slow, and cause too much pollution. I think there should be less pollution in the city.

There should be fewer cars, but I think that the biggest problem is parking. There just isn’t enough parking.

GRAMMAR FOCUS

Adverbs of quantity

With count nouns

There are too many cars.
We need more subway lines.
There aren’t enough buses.

With noun count nouns

There is too much traffic.
There should be less pollution.
We need more public transportation
There isn’t enough parking.

EXAMPLE:

Complete these statements about transportation problems.
1.    There are too many police officers.
2.    There should be fewer cars in the city.
3.    There is too much public transportation.
4.    The government needs to build more highways.
5.    There should be less noise.
6.    We should have fewer public parking garages.
7.    There is too much air pollution in the city.
8.    There are too many cars parked on the streets.

Resultado de imagen para Adverbs of quantity gif

Resultado de imagen para how much gif

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

UNIT 4 I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT!

CONVERSATION Steve: Hey, this sounds strange –snails with garlie. Have you ever eaten snails? Kathy: Yes, I have. I had them here just last week. Steve: Did you like them? Kathy: Yes, I did. They were delicious! Why don’t you try some? Steve: No, I don’t think so. Waiter: Have you decided on an appetizer yet? Kathy: Yes, I’ll have a snail order of the snails. Please. Waiter: And you, sir? Steve: I think I’ll have the fried brains. Kathy: Fried brains? I’ve never heard of that! It sounds scary.

UNIT 4 I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT!

INTERNATIONAL FOOD CANNELLONI Cannelloni is wide rectangular pasta that is often used in Italian cuisine to make dishes with minced meat, vegetables, cottage cheese and spinach or even fish inside. PAELLA Is a recipe based on rice, originating in the Valencian Community and today very popular throughout Spain and also in other countries; in this recipe the rice is cooked together with other foods in a pan, generally wide and with handles. SUSHI Is a dish of Japanese origin based on rice that is generally accompanied with: sesame, salmon or trout, depending on the tastes it can be raw or cooked marinated with rice vinegar, sugar, salt and other ingredients, such as vegetables, fish or seafood. BIRYANI Are a dish of Pakistani cuisine rice and the cuisine of India and Turkey made with a mixture of spices as well as basmati rice, meat / vegetables and yogurt. GRAMMAR ...

UNIT 3 TIME FOR A CHANGE! (HOUSES AND APARTMENTS; LIFESTYLE CHANGES AND WISHES)

Unit 3   WORD POWER Houses and apartments A.   These words are used to describe house and apartments. Which are positive (P)? Which are negative (N)? Bright   P Confortable P Convenient P Cramped  N Dangerous  N Dark  N Dingy N Expensive   P Huge   P Inconvenient  N Modern  P Noisy   N Private   N Quiet   P Safe   P Shabby  N Small   N Spacious P PERSPECTIVES Which would you prefer? Apartments are too small for pets. Apartments aren’t big enough for families. Apartments don’t have as many romos as houses. Apartments have just as many expenses as house. Apartments don’t have enough parking spaces. Houses cost too much money. Houses aren’t as safe as apartments Houses aren’t as convenient as apartments Houses don’t have enough closet space. Houses don’t have as much privancy as apartments. GRAMMAR ...